There was no college in Faridpur District before 1918. A distinguished
personality Babu Ambikacharon Mujumder a veteran all India Congress
Leader and renowned Lawyer came forward to establish an intermediate
College at Faridpur. Mr. Majumdar at the time of fund crisis, sought
financial help from the Zaminder of Baishrashi, Sadarpur, Faridpur Mr.
Ramesh Narayan Roy Chowdhury. He agreed to donete fifty thousand taka on
condition of naming the new institution after the name of his father
the late Rajendra Narayan Roy Chowdhury. The Then municipality authority
handed over in total 5.55 acres of land property to the college. On
July 10, 1918 the college embarked on its journey with only 29 students.
Presently the activities of the college are being run on the two campus
- The Town campus and the Baitul-Aman Campus.