SHAH ABDUL KARIM ROAD, KHORKI, JESSORE, JESSORE SADAR - 7400
A Brief History of M M College
In order to enlighten the people of the country with higher education the elites of Jessore decided to establish a college named M M College after the name of the world famous poet Michael Modhusudan born in Jessore. The college was first started in July,1941 in Narail Jamider House in Jessore town with about 100 students in Arts and Commerce groups. The founder Principal was Dr. DN Roy MA. Ph.D .
During the Second World War Dr. DN Roy left the college and nobody knew his whereabouts. Due to the World War the college was destroyed much and it was temporarily shifted to the house of Dr Jiban Ratan Dhar where the present fire brigade office stands. After one year the college was reshifted to its initial place.
In 1962 the Arts and Commerce faculties were shifted to its new campus in Khorki beside the stadium. The college was provincialised in May,1968. At present it is a renowned college in the south-west part of Bangladesh providing Honours and Masters Courses in 17 subjects. Here the students are given adequate library and laboratory facilities with modern equipments .
In the campus there is a highly equipped Foreign Language Training Center providing facilities at present to learn English and Arabic. The college has its own water supply facilities.Tender has already been invited to construct an 11 kv electric substation in the campus. There are two residential halls for the female students and also two for the male students each having the capacity to accommodate one hundred students. The college has its reputation all over the country in both academic and cultural fields.